My Weight Loss

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Be Humble



BE HUMBLE
Written By Robin Sharma from the book ' Who Will Cry When You Die"


One of the traits I respect most in people is humility. 
"tree that has the most fruit is the tree that bends to ground," 
my father taught me as I was growing up.


And though there are some exceptions, I have found in my own
experience that it is true - the people who have lived the most, 
are also the people closest to the ground. I a word, they are humble.


There is something special about being in the presence of a person 
who is humble. Practicing humility shows that you respect others 
and reminds us that there is so much for us yet to learn.
Its sends a signal to those around you that you are open to receiving 
the gift of their knowledge and listening to what they have to say.


I have had the privilege of meeting many famous people in my life. 
One of my biggest thrills was meeting the world champion boxer 
Muhammad Ali. Contrary to the cocky and loud image he cultivated 
in the media, in person he was a true gentleman and the very model 
of humility. When i had the good fortune to meet him in Los Angeles, 
he asked more questions about me than I asked about him.


He spoke softly and radiated a warmth and decency that spoke volumes
about the man he is. 


Muhammad Ali taught me that the more you are as a person, 
the less you need to prove yourself to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment